I want to start a business in India. What type of licenses and registrations are required for it?

Dev Patel

For the food related business you have to required following things -

  1. Setup a legal entity like Sole Proprietorship Firm / Partnership/LLP/Private Limited Company
  2. Open a current bank account on your business name
  3. Apply for the Proper tax registration like VAT/CST is applicable in your business and in some cases service tax also.
  4. Apply for the Local license like Shop act license for your office place ( In Maharsthra its called Gumasta License)

So above are the mandatory license for the starting and Below are the some license which is applicable on mostly food related business in India -

1. Food Safety License2. Health/Trade License3. Eating House License4. Environmental Clearance5. NOC from Fire Department6. Signage License.7. Liquor License L-4 (L-17 according to new excise rule)8. Playing of Music in Restaurants.9. Life License.10. Insurance – Public Liability, Product Liability, Fire Policy, Building & Asset.11. Shop and Establishment Act.

12. Nominations under PFA Act 1954 Section 17 (2) and rule 12 B of the rules 1955.

Source -Legal Documents Required for Start a Restaurant in India

Views ·View Upvotes·Answer requested by Manish Rathod

Aayush Verma

if it is a small business then you can get small scale business license

of UdyoogAadhar easily or if it is a large scale business, then you have to do the following:

First, you need to Digital Signature Certificate (DSC)

Then you need to fill DIR-3 form for Director Identification Number.

Then follow the procedures ofMinistry Of Corporate Affairsof the type of company which you want to open, i.e. private limited, partnership,limited liability or etc.

Rajeev Manchanda

This will totally depend on type of business you want to start. For example if you wish to start a restaurant, you will probably need Shop and Establishment license, Labour license, Health / Municial License, Police license, Fire license, Tax (VAT and Service Tax) registration and so on. Will depend on what you wish to start.

Views ·View Upvotes·Answer requested by Manish Rathod

Ashu Gaur

Are you in planning phase or already incorporated the Company and finalised the Process, Target Market etc.

Usually depending on nature of Business the Licences are defined and Registrations depend on your business Model.

For Packaged Beverage and To Operate PAN India, go for:

Proprietorship Firm / Partnership / LLP / Private Limited Company + PAN + VAT + FSSAI License

Views ·Answer requested by Manish Rathod

Category: Business license

Similar articles: