Financial Aid Required Forms

How do I apply?

The Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) is the first step to determine eligibility for federal and state financial aid programs.You are encouraged to file your FAFSA electronically at

Instructions for filing the FAFSA on the Internet

What is a FSA ID?

The FSA ID is your identifier to let you access your personal information in various U.S. Department of Education systems and serves as your electronic signature.
To apply for your FSA ID, click here: FSA ID

When do I apply for 2016-17 aid?

The recommended deadline is March 15 for new or summer students and April 1 for returning students.

Any supplemental forms requested by our office should be submitted by May 1. Student applicants meeting this deadline should have their financial aid package prior to the admissions deposit deadline or before summer school begins. Applications or forms filed after these deadlines will continue to be processed on a first-come, first-served basis until funds are exhausted.

Click here to see a summary of key dates for submitting the FAFSA, including NEW deadline dates for 2017-18 and beyond.

Click here for information on federal financial aid consequences for non-attendance of classes.

Click here for information if you are transferring FROM The College at Brockport to another college mid-year.

Click here for information if you are transferring TO The College at Brockport from another college mid-year.

New York

State Application for the Tuition Assistance Program

If you are a New York state resident, you are eligible to file the TAP application if you listed a New York school on your FAFSA. The application link is available after you submit the FAFSA. If you miss the link, you may either go to the TAP on the Web or wait for the application to be mailed. The deadline for TAP is May 1 of the academic year for which aid is sought (Example: for 2009-10, application deadline is May 1, 2010).

Proof of high school graduation requirement

*Is required for all students wishing to receive federal or state financial aid.
*A final high school transcript showing date of graduation or a copy of a Graduate Equivalency Diploma (GED) must be sent to the Office of Undergraduate Admissions as soon as possible to facilitate the financial aid process.

Financial Aid Adjustments/Appeals (Professional Judgement)

The Financial Aid Office at The College at Brockport realizes that students and their families experience unforeseen circumstances and/or expenses during an academic year. Appeal forms for changes in family circumstances or reconsideration of dependancy status may be found in the Financial Aid Forms Center.

Adjustment of Aid Due to Changes in Credits

Please click here for details on the adjustment of financial aid due to changes in credit hours.

The following links have detailed explanations:

Last Updated 12/1/16

Category: Financial aid

Similar articles: